Feb 3, 2016

Happy Birhday Shaker Card

Today I have two shaker cards for you. Well, at least one in two color combinations. And I just love how they turned out. I was inspired by both Kristina Werner (who shared a few tips on shaker cards) and Nichol Spohr Magouirk (who created a couple of cards with distressed background and matching frames). So here I kind of combined these two influences. 


I started off stamping the amazing happy birthday sentiment from Mama Elephant on heat resistant acetate sheets and embossed it with gold embossing powder from WOW. Then, I created the distressed background piece. I used Canson Mix Media paper because I think the ink stays wet long enough to create a really nice and even blending. For the orange card I used Abandoned coral and Dried Marigold and blended both colors togeter. Using the double-piercred rectangle dies from Avery Elle, I die cut the background piece and also die cut a frame from the paper. To give the background a bit more interest I spritzed it with a few droplets of water. 


To assemble the shaker card I adhered the embossed acetate behind the frame and put down enough foam tape to create the needed dimension for my shaker material. I filled up the card with 6mm gold sequins and 4mm Tangerine sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


I used the same method to create the second card. But this time I used Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio to create the background and filled the shaker with 6mm gold sequins and 4mm dark green sequins. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ können Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.