Nov 17, 2016

Twist and Pop Christmas Card

Hi everyone, I am back  with a fun interactive Christmas card. I made this card with the help of this video tutorial showing how to create a twist and pop card. I love how this card turned out but let me tell you it's pretty hard to get a decent picture of it. Keep in mind that this card is quite bulky if you'd like to make a twist and pop card. You can find a video of how the card opens and closes at the end of the blog post. 


After creating the basic cutting and scoring of the pieces I needed for this card (check out the video tutorial linked above), I started to decorate the inside piece. Using the Outdoor Landscape Die, I die cut a snowy hill that was large enough to cover the complete inside piece. Using blue ink and a brush, I created a light sky background. Then, I stamped the adorable images of the Santa's Helpers stamp set with a water-resistant ink, colored them in with Zig markers, and adhered them to the inside piece. I'd recommend not to use any foam adhesive as the card is already quite bulky. Keep it as flat as possible on the inside. To finish the inside piece, I stamped the sentiment "Merry Christmas" with red ink in the top center of the panel. 


I wanted to leave the outside of the card to be very simply. First, I die cut a scalloped panel from white card stock using the largest of the Fancy Frame Dies. I used a polka-dot embossing folder on the white panel because I thought it would look like snow. To create some contrast, I embossed the sentiment "Let it snow" from the Santa's Helpers set on black card stock, die cut a flag banner using the Flag Banner Die set and adhered it to the background panel with a bit of foam tape. 


I really hope you enjoyed this card. Have a great day and see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ können Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.